Rockstar has finally revealed the console release date of the much-desired video editing feature, Rockstar Editor. The editor will make its way to PS4 and Xbox One in September as part of the next update for Grand Theft Auto V.
The update won’t just bring the video editor, but it will also come with several new features to the already-existing PC version. The announcement also teased some new gameplay for GTA Online Freemode revealed in the next couple of weeks.
Here is all the new features rolled out in the next update:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You’ll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we’re tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
The Rockstar Editor is a great addition to GTA V and I am sure it will be used by many console users to create some amazing videos.