Are you a fan of shooters? When I say shooters, I don’t mean games like Call of Duty 4 or Doom: I mean games like Geometry Wars that will eventually give you motion sickness and blind you beyond belief as your eyes are exposed to a visually intense world of explosions and bright colors. If you answered yes, then maybe you should turn on your Xbox 360’s and find your way to a game called Ion Assault – a game that promises more than just satisfactory visuals.
Ion Assault casts players as the sole-surviving human of an alien attack, delivering stunning high-definition graphics with a twist: instead of using conventional weapons, players gather and convert energy particles floating in space into a totally unique means to annihilate the alien assault. Focused into a single shot, these particles can eradicate asteroids and enemy spacecrafts, making for compelling gameplay that challenges players to search for the highest concentrations of particles and temporary power-ups (such as shields). For images and more details on the game, hit the jump.
The fun part? Anyone can play this. You’re grandmother got a bad case of Parkinson’s disease? She too can play this. Just make sure she doesn’t have cataracts or the visual ejaculation will permanently cause her to go blind. Ion Assault challenges both beginner and skilled gamers. The faster you frak crap up, the more enemies will throw at you. In this, it’s all about balance.
· Wield thousands of Ion Particles.
· Blast 30 different enemies using a variety of patterns to attack.
· Travel through 4 sectors, each guarded by a huge boss!
· Beat the game on your own or with the help of a friend in co-op!
· Beat your friends locally or via Xbox LIVE® in the unique versus-mode that offers its own gameplay mechanics!
· Conquer the leaderboard by mastering the innovative multiplier-based scoring mechanic.
And here, for the pleasure of your optics, a gallery of screenshots. Enjoy.