Wargaming announced the arrival of the Iron Brotherhood content update for World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition.
The Iron Brotherhood update will add one new map and the following five new Soviet-built heavy tanks:
- T-150: A Tier 6 heavy tank that features additional armor to its hull and a considerably more powerful engine. Its fearsome 107 mm gun can be a real game-changer combined with a strong turret. With decent all-round hull armor, it’s a tank that keeps on going.
- KV-3: A Tier 7 heavy tank that has tough frontal armor and lots of versatility thanks to a large variety of guns. However, the devastating high alpha damage 122 mm cannon will have your opponents running for the hills.
- KV-4: A Tier 8 heavy tank that’s heavily armored, especially on its side and turret. Its high mass makes it resistant to being rammed. This tank is a real damage sponge, able to soak up a lot of what your opponent can toss at you.
- STI: A Tier 9 heavy tank. Thanks to its very sturdy angled armor, this tank is near-impenetrable to many Tier 8 guns. A great tank for a confident player, especially when you’re hull-down or side craping.
- IS-4 : A Tier 10 heavy tank, the IS-4 features thick side armor, shoulder plates and a high HP pool. When equipped with the 122 mm M62-T2 gun you can send opponents to the scrap heap with ease.
In addition the “South Coast” map arrives in the update, giving tankers new strategic opportunities and terrain to explore in these new heavy tanks as you try to gain control of the coastline and city, you’ll face a battle coming up or down the shore.
This map is covered with tight channels in which to ambush an enemy convoy. There are also plenty of overlooks to use for spotting and destroying commanders.
The northern and southern portions of the map rise feature a rocky terrain that creating several channels that you do not want to be stuck in should an enemy ambush be waiting at either end.
The west side of the map is completely dominated by a winding sandy beach with plenty of coves to duck into for cover. Just up from the beach is a small cityscape where almost everything in this area is destructible, making cover only temporary.
The terrain slowly rises as you head to the eastern regions where you’ll find a few simple buildings and vineyards.
Check out the screenshots below for a close look at the terrain and tanks.