Koei Tecmo announced today with a press release that it’s reorganizing its IPs in multiple brands in accordance to the vision of being the “number one entertainment content provided in the world” through “IP creation and deployment.”
Until now, the company had a sector-oriented organization divided in “game software,” “online mobile,” and “media,” but this is going to change, with the creation of several different IP-related brands.
The current software and network divisions will merge into the Media and Entertainment Division, organized in five different brands including prominent IPs.
- Shibusawa Kou brand: Nobunaga’s Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Winning Post, Age of Discovery and the like.
- Omega Force brand: Dynasty Wariors, Samurai Warriors, Toukiden, and the like.
- Team Ninja brand: Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, NiOh and the like.
- Gust brand: Atelier, Ciel Nosurge, Night of the Azure and the like.
- Ruby Party brand: Angelique, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, La Corda d’Oro and more.
Each brand will focus on maximizing the value of its IPs and on creating new ones, taking advantages of their specific characteristics and possible internal collaborations.