Level-5–the developers behind awesome hits like Jeanne d’Arc, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, and the Professor Layton series–and Grasshopper Manufacture’s Goichi Suda (Suda51)–the director behind Killer7, No More Heroes, and Sine Mora, have teamed to bring their action Mecha game Liberation Maiden from the 3DS to the iOS platform.
Set 100 years in the future of New Japan, Liberation Maiden puts players in the shoes of Shoko Ozora, a high school girl who becomes the new President of Japan after her father is assassinated.
Yeah, you read that right.
Ozora has to pilot a mecha named Kaihoki to fight off an invading country that wants to steal all of Japan’s energy.
The new iOS features include:
- • Expanded Game Play with Game Center: Players will face new Challenges, compete for high scores with friends, and aim for the top of the ranked Leaderboard.
- *Challenges only available on iOS 6.0 or higher; 4th generation iPod touch not compatible with Game Center features
- • Retina Display: The game’s graphics have been optimized to take advantage of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch’s incredibly sharp Retina Display on compatible devices.
- • Intuitive Controls: LIBERATION MAIDEN’s controls maximize playability and functionality across touchscreen devices and can be further customized for maximum comfort to a player’s dominant hand.
- • Compatibility: The game is playable on iOS 5.0 and higher across the Apple mobile lineup, including iPhone 4 and higher, iPod touch 4th generation and higher, iPad 2 and higher, andiPad mini.
- *Certain devices are excluded
Liberation Maiden is available now for iOS devices via the App Store for $4.99. Check out the launch trailer below, and check out Level-5’s website for more information.