Like every Monday the major Japanese retail and rental chain Tsutaya released its weekly sales charts, that are usually considered an interesting glimpse on what the Media Create charts will look like on Wednesday, since Tsutaya has a very large number of stores scattered across the whole country.
Here’s the full chart for the week between October the 25th and November the 1st. New releases are bolded:
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII – PS3
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 – 3DS
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (Expansion only) – PS3
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – PS3
- Winning Eleven 2014 – PS3
- God Eater 2 – PS Vita
- Super Mario 3D World – Wii U
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (Special Edition) – 3DS
- Pokémon X – 3DS
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – PS3
- God Eater 2 – PSP
- Pokémon Y – 3DS
- Super Robo Wars OG Infinite Battle & Dark Prison – PS3
- One Piece Unlimite World R – 3DS
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3DS
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends – PS Vita
- Grand Theft Auto V – PS3
- Battlefield 4 – PS3
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends – PS3
- Criminal Girls INVITATION: PS Vita
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII manages to hold on the first place, while last week’s second ranker Super Mario 3D World sinks rather radically to position 7, showing that Japanese gamers may very well be finally tired of Mario and his wacky friends.
Despite the heavy marketing done by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed IV debuts only in 4th place, but it’s possible that many Japanese gamers may be waiting for the PS4 version that will be released in February. The super cutesy Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 gets a nice second place, and could even manage to jump to 1st on the Media Create thanks to the sum between the standard and special editions.
Nippon Ichi’s PS Vita JRPG Criminal Girls INVITATION barely makes the charts, but it was a niche game to begin with, so there’s no surprise there.