Although Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain launched last September, the game is still receiving notable content updates for both the single-player missions as well as the multiplayer Metal Gear Online component. The latest update, coming to the game on May 10, brings a wealth of new weapons and tactics for the Forward Operating Base system.
The following development items are included with the update, and can be progressed even when players are away from the game:
- SNEAKING SUIT Security Guard Stealth Camo
- UA-DRONE Battery Vaporizer-Equipped UAV
- FOM DECOY Dummy Field of Movement Emitter
- FB MR R-L FLTN Falkenberg Multi-Role Recoilless Rifle (Fulton Warheads)
- TORNADO-6 Revolver
- UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun
Additionally, players can now dispatch a strike force to an FOB ahead of infiltration, as an aid to knock out security devices or eliminate guards. This will likely help with the virtual league battles held on a weekly basis, and special short leagues that last just one day. The patch also includes a number of bug fixes and small refinements.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is available for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.