Microsoft Game Studios just published a new career opportunity ad looking for a Senior Services Engineer for Lionhead Studios based in Guildford, UK.
What’s most interesting about the post is that it gives some juicy details about a new game Lionhead is working or will work on in the near future. Below you can see an excerpt of the text with the most interesting parts bolded.
Lionhead Studios is seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Services Engineer to join us as a key contributor on an exciting and ambitious new title.
The ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience in designing and implementing services for highly concurrent and highly available social online game experiences, ideally in a cloud based environment.
The role will focus on helping to deliver a robust online service infrastructure and associated services, ensuring that all systems are secure, optimized and will scale to meet the needs of our current and future ambitions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Experience of full development cycle for a complex service architecture
– C# programming and debugging skills utilising the latest .NET technologies
– RESTful service design and implementation in ASP .NET MVC4.0
– Cloud platform and data experience (Azure, Amazon EC2, etc.)
– Proactive, ambitious and enthusiastic
– Proven ability to lead and motivate others in a team environment
– Working in an Agile/SCRUM environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
– Experience of Online/Multiplayer/MMO games
– Experience of SQL, NOSQL & Azure
– Experience in monitoring tools and techniques on Microsoft platforms (such as SCOM)
The details mentioned above definitely seem to describe some kind of massive online/social experience based on Microsoft’s cloud servers.
Could it be the long rumored Fable MMORPG? Of course no official announcement has been made so far, so this is just my personal speculation, but I can’t say it’s not intriguing.