That big update we were promised for Minecraft has finally hit just moments ago, and is now live for your enjoyment! The game will automatically update next time you launch it, and all servers will need to update to the new version. The list of features is pretty awesome.
- Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
- 15 wool dyes
- A new water dwelling mob
- New tree types
- Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
- A bunch of new crafting recipes
- One secret useful block
- One secret pretty block
- AND MOAR, probably. I forget!
- Paintings work in multiplayer
- Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
- A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
- Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
- Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
- Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
- Falling sand behaves better in SMP
- Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go craft some cake and find all these new things…