Recently, a new update was rolled out for the PS4 exclusive baseball game MLB The Show 17. This patch, version 1.07, has added a variety of improvements to both the online and offline functionalities of the title.
Below, you can find the patch notes detailing what specific changes have been made in this 1.07 update:
Online specific Gameplay Improvements and Stabilizations:
– Preventing users from becoming soft locked in specific situations.
– Created players will no longer all display the same head type in newly created Online Franchises.
Offline and Online Gameplay Improvements:
– Adjustments to lineup and manager hook logic to prevent teams from replacing the backup catcher, causing him to be unavailable in late inning situations.
– Opacity was lowered for the Buckshot, Classic, and Outline Plate Coverage Indicator.
– The Swing Analysis display will now always use the “Buckshot” PCI art.
– The Buckshot PCI art is the most accurate at displaying the sweet spot for solid contact, while also displaying how your contact gets worse towards the outer area of the PCI.
Various UI and OSD improvements including:
– Fixed specific situations where the Universal Profile Name Plates or Icons would unlock incorrectly or not unlock at all.
– Starter hook tuning when 6th inning or earlier.
– Manager hook slider is now more sensitive.
– Various other minor bug fixes and adjustments made throughout the game.
Those who have played MLB The Show 17 since launch have been aware of the problems that have plagued the game, mostly in regards to the servers. That said, Sony San Diego has done a fantastic job of correcting those issues and has even made up for them by recently giving players free studs to spend in-game. Patches like this one, while not changing a lot, still go a long way in making this year’s edition of The Show the best it can be.
MLB The Show 17 is available for purchase now exclusively on PS4.