SIE San Diego Studio released a new video for MLB The Show 17 today, which delved into the game’s Diamond Dynasty mode.
The developers also detailed some of the features of this mode:
- Items — including players — are rewarded to you just for playing games in MLB The Show.
- Items and players do not have contracts; if you find an item, it’s yours to keep and utilize as you see fit.
- Weekly Missions and Programs reward you with items when you complete specific challenges.
- The Community Marketplace allows you to play stockbroker, as you can buy and sell items in this completely dynamic, player-driven economy.
- Our pack offerings in game and in our various editions allow you to acquire items at your own pace.
- Our in-game currency, Stubs, is rewarded to you throughout your gameplay experience.
They also talked about some of the different modes within Diamond Dynasty, which include Ranked Seasons, Events, Conquest, Battle Royale, Online, and Custom Challenges. You can check out their descriptions below:
Ranked Seasons: Compete against other players online in head-to-head (PlayStation Plus required to play online) action as you attempt to climb the ranked leaderboard in order to acquire unique rewards. We’ll be running new seasons every few weeks, so you’ll have a fresh new challenge and a new set of rewards to strive for.
Events: Events enter Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show 17 and challenge you to build a team based on themed Event rules. Speedsters, sluggers, and switch hitters will have their moments to shine in these rotating, time-limited Events. Be strategic with your lineup decisions, field your best team, and take on opponents to earn Event rewards based on your hot streaks and overall win totals.
Conquest: Assert your team’s dominance across North America as you attempt to conquer each MLB team in this single-player, strategy-focused, experience.
Battle Royale: Battle Royale is the most challenging and competitive game mode Diamond Dynasty has ever seen. In this player-versus-player experience, you’ll be challenged to draft a team and outlast opponents in a double-elimination tournament to acquire unique rewards.
And Much More: Play casual, unranked, games against other players online, play with your friends in custom challenges, play against any of the 30 MLB teams, or play against another players’ Diamond Dynasty teams controlled by the CPU.
You can look at some new screenshots of the game and watch the video below. MLB The Show 17 will be available exclusively on PS4 March 28.