One of the most surprising announcements made during the general Nintendo Direct was the inclusion of protagonist Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.
Plenty of new information has been revealed for the fighter during today’s presentation for the brawler title, including an extensive look at his moveset and Midgar stage:
- Cloud’s Side Smash is 3-hit chain attack, a unique attack given to him.
- His Advent Children costume has a version with the sleeve covering his Geostigma on his arm and a version without the sleeve.
- Cloud’s Limit Break is a charge gauge similar to Little Mac’s KO gauge. His Down Special is called Limit Charge which charges it. When filled it slightly increases stats and for a short while replaces regular attacks with Limit Break versions.
- Final Smash is the famous Omnislash.
- In the Midgar Stage the summons Ifrit, Leviathan, Ramuh, Bahamut Zero and Odin will appear, each having a unique attack and effect on the stages.
- Cloud will be available later today for $5.99
- As a bonus Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars will be a Mii Fighter costume. Mii Fighters will also get an adorable Chocobo hat.