The latest update for Final Fantasy XV is releasing today, and Square Enix released the official patch notes and a batch of screenshots showing what it’ll bring, alongside the Booster Pack+ that will launch tomorrow for those who bought the season pass.
Interestingly, it includes two songs from the NieR series, titled “Weight of the World” (from NieR: Automata) and “Song of the Ancients (Fate)” from the first NieR.
They can be listened to from inside the Regalia, giving players a chance to experience a small taste of Nier: Automata after before its upcoming release.
The Update will also include various other additions to Final Fantasy XV, these include:
- Two songs from the NieR series added to the music player as part of the NieR: Automata collaboration.
- Support for up to 60fps on PS4 4 Pro Lightweight Mode
- Added timed quests.
- Level cap increased to 120
- Increased number of photos that can be saved to 120
- Implemented the use of music player when riding the chocobo
- Varfious bugs fixed.
The update also comes just before the release of the “Booster Pack +” set for release on February 21st, bringing the Booster Sword Weapon, the Dragon Mod fishing rod and the Aviol fishinhg rod reel.
You can check out new screenshots at the bottom of the post.
Final Fantasy XV is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One, while Nier: Automata is set to release on March 7th in North America and March 10th in Europe for PS4, while the PC version has no release window yet.