Last year, the folks at Capcom introduced us to their newest IP, Dragon’s Dogma. A game that features dragons, parties, skills, leveling, and quests, but is not considered an RPG by the folks that created it. Even reps from Capcom will tell you: you better not dare call it an RPG. Because it’s not. OK?
Anyway, today the publisher is releasing some more solid information about Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, which aims to add some fresh content to last year’s title. Instead of releasing it as a stand alone DLC or expansion if you will, the title is being published as if it were — let’s say — a “game of the year” edition, featuring all of the content from last year’s game along new content as well.
Here’s a glimpse of the new content featured in the upcoming title:
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:Level 3 Skills
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
Player’s looking forward to the new content, or players who might have missed the title the first time around can look forward to an April 23rd release date. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available at retail for the PS3 and XBOX 360, and as a download on PSN for $39.99. And remember — whatever you do — just don’t call it an RPG.
Take a look at the new screenshots and boxart below.