Earlier this week a trailer was revealed for Mario Kart Arcade GP VR. Today, more information has been revealed regarding the game’s controls, maps, and items, as well as some new images that show players demoing the game.
You can check out the new images below.
New information about the game includes:
- Four player co-op including Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi
- NPCs including Bowser and Wario
- Vive trackers are required to be work on a player’s left and right wrists
- The right tracker controls acceleration and the left controls braking
- The steering wheel contains force feedback; the seat rumbles
- Items include the banana, green shell, and hammer
- Items are attached to balloons and must be grabbed using your hands
- Items can be thrown in multiple directions–not just forward or back
On June 13th, Bandai Namco announced their new arcade that is set to focus on virtual reality. The arcade will open first in Japan next month, and will begin to open in the West, beginning with London towards the end of the summer.
These arcades are going to utilize HTC Vive headsets to put a VR spin on previous arcade titles. Mario Kart Arcade GP VR is not being developed by Nintendo; however, the experience will likely serve as a reference point for when Nintendo eventually does break into VR gaming.
Mario Kart Arcade GP VR is playable now in Japan at VR Zone Shinjuku.