Want to wreak some havoc across the British isles in Crusader Kings II? Soon you’ll be able to, with the upcoming expansion The Old Gods, that will set an earlier starting date on AD 867 and will let players play as pagan rulers intent on pillaging and raiding.
The expansion is set for release in the second quarter of this year and will include the following features:
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier Start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground – lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units
With the features list we also got a little teaser trailer that doesn’t show gameplay, but sure sets the mood for some good killing in the name of the Old Gods, with all the mead drinking that comes with it.