War Thunder‘s beta just got a new update numbered 1.27, and Gaijin Entertainment released a new trailer to showcase the new features.
The video showcases quite a few interesting new and improved features, like the two new maps (Fjords and Asia), the improved damage model and the better landing physics, that will allow for better emergency and belly landings.
Unfortunately the trailer in in Russian, but you can still see the gameplay footage, and read the list of new features and improvements below. You can also try them for yourself, since the game is now finally in Global Open Beta and available to everyone.
- Nvidia 7600/6600 series cards support; ATI x1650/x1950 series cards support;
- Control over damaged aircraft.
- Sensitivity settings for turret gunners control;
- Automatic leaving of an aircraft, if player is not active after spawn on airfield for a long time;
- Smoke effects on cut parts;
- You may see your squad mates’ country and aircrafts (as tool-tip);
- Dedicated ingame window makes squad invitation easier;
- New maps: [Ground Strike] Fjords, [Domination] Asia;
- Screen effects options in game menu (select “Game Settings”);
- Text chat and quick radio messages for your squad;
- Bug fix: low clouds over airfield in test flight;
- Bug fix: drawing clouds, fire and smoke through trees;
- Fixed issue: jet seat continues to vibrate after aircraft crash;
- Displaying selected weapon set in map menu (in-action “M” button) fixed;
- Fixed “PrintScreen” button for Windows7, also in hangar;
- Fixed export/import of control settings;
- Dust from propeller on the ground is now drawing correctly for every aircraft;
- Improved force feedback: data now importing from the aircraft physical model;
- Improved Instructor’s braking on the ground: now he releases the brakes later;
- Improved landing physics: emergency landing is now real. Belly landing physics and control improved;
- Two-sided decals are now available for hulls;
- Player’s profile is now saved as one file ‘profile.config.blk’;
- Improved video FX for shots from low fire-rate cannons;
- Nose-down dive sound improved. Now it’s appear only on high speed, close to critical;
- Game chat is available from loading screen;
- Intro video switched off after few replays;
- Mountains visibility in some locations improved on 10 km (from 50 km to 60 km).