Nintendo has released new Wii U firmware today and added, at long last, folders.
Yes, you read that right, you can finally organize your games and apps into folders, letting big eShop and Virtual Console users tidy up their home screens. Additionally, the home menu has had its design and layout updated and stability has been improved.
You can checkout the full list of changes from version 5.2.0 U below.
Version 5.2.0 U:
Released September 29th, 2014
Changes to the Wii U Menu:
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu:
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience