Microsoft is rolling out a new version of the New Xbox One Experience to preview members today, and according to Program Manager Emily Hanson it includes “many key fixes and stability improvements.”
Below you can check out the full patch notes, as posted in the official preview forums.
OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151021-0010
Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/22 (2AM GMT 10/23)
- Game updates: You should no longer encounter a “Getting ready…” message followed by an infinite loading screen when updating games (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Grand Theft Auto V, etc.) with an external storage device attached.
- Live TV:
- When watching Live TV, the screen may dim after a short period of time.
- The OneGuide pin doesn’t function. You can launch OneGuide using the app, voice commands, or from the OneGuide twist.
- Australian users will no longer encounter a “Blocked Content” error on all channels when using the USB TV Tuner.
- Xbox Preview Dashboard: You should no longer encounter freezes or crashes when navigating the Xbox Preview Dashboard app.
- Global speech overlay:
- Suggestions are currently present in Global Speech Overlay.
- Contextual commands are present in Global Speech Overlay.
FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES
We have some new content for you, so be sure to check out the Preview Dashboard app for more details! Our highlighted quests for this release are:
- Take a photo: This quest encourages you to try out the new Xbox One Avatar experience, and give us your feedback.
- Highlight Reel: In this quest, try out the features of the new Upload Studio app.
We also get the usual serving of known issues and workarounds.
- Apps not launching: Certain apps may fail to launch.
- Showtime Anytime
- Every Street United
- Voice Studio
- Xbox Video
- Groove Music
- Apps with video streaming or other issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams may not play or you may encounter issues.
- YouTube (crashes on startup)
- GoPro Channel
- AT&T U-Verse
- Media Player
- TWC TV
- Games not launching: Certain games may fail to launch.
- Halo: TMCC
- Nightmares from the Deep
Game and App Issues:
- Disc based games fail to launch or launch trial: Disc based games may fail to launch or launch a trial version of the game.
Workaround: Eject the disc and reinsert it.
- Suspended games and Instant-On: When resuming from connected standby and launching a suspended game, the game may load to a black screen and close automatically.
- Game or App Crashes: Some users may experience game or app crashes which require the game to be force closed.
Workaround: Relaunch the game or app, or, navigate home and use the menu button to force close the app, then relaunch it.
- Bedlam: Receiving a notification for earning an achievement may cause Bedlam to crash.
- Titanfall: Titanfall may fail to connect to Xbox Live.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
- NFL Live App: When playing videos in the NFL Live App, the screen may dim after a short period of time.
- Forza 6:
- You may be unable to join multiplayer matches in Forza 6.
- Forza 6 may fail to resume a suspended session after powering on the console in Instant-On mode.
- Forza 5: You may be unable to join multiplayer matches in Forza 5.
- Skype: Skype video calls may fail to transition to an audio call when moving to the background, causing the call to end.
- Edge browser: You may encounter a black screen when browsing in Edge.
General System Issues
- Installation Stopped errors: When installing digital games or apps, you may encounter an installation stopped error, and the content will stop installing.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
- Renaming the Xbox One console: When renaming your Xbox One console in Settings, if you press “B” to go back, it will close the virtual keyboard, and pressing “B” again will return you to the previous page and not save your changes.
Workaround: Once you’ve entered the desired name, press the Menu button on the controller or Enter on the virtual keyboard to save your changes.
- High Contrast Mode: When a user enables High contrast mode in Settings, High contrast mode is always enabled on the console regardless of which user is signed in. You can disable High contrast mode under Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast.
- USB keyboards and sign-in: When using a USB keyboard to enter your password, pressing the tab key may cause the sign-in page to lock up.
- Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.
Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.
- Dashboard: You may encounter English text with strange characters on the Home screen. This is placeholder text and will be corrected in a future update.
- You may be unable to navigate to certain areas of the Store using voice commands.
- Preordered games may display as fully installed and no longer have a “Preorder” designation in My games & apps.
- Disc Installations:
- Certain games may fail to install from a disc if auto launch is disabled.
Workaround: Enable auto launch in Settings.
- If installing a disc based game while no one is signed in on the console, launching the game will cause the game to start, but crash to a black screen shortly after.
- Sign-in, security & passkey: If you have enabled passkey or password protection for Settings, you may experience issues accessing certain sections of Settings.
Workaround: Navigate to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey and update your configuration. If you have trouble accessing this section in Settings, hard reset your console.
- Virtual Keyboard: The virtual keyboard may not function when attempting to browse in Edge.
- Black Screen: Your console may start up with just a black screen, or you may encounter a black screen when using the Xbox button to return Home from a game or app.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.
- Snap Center: When YouTube is snapped, it may share input with the home screen.
- HDMI-In: You may experience a black screen when using a device via HDMI-in, even if this device is not a cable or set-top box.
Workaround: Run through the initial TV set-up and configure for a TV provider even if you don’t have a TV provider.
- My Games & Apps: My games & apps may crash if switching quickly between Apps and Queue or Games and Queue.
- System Update Errors: If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is automatically captured.
- Notifications: Friends do not receive game toast notifications.
- Season passes: In a small number of cases, users with season passes may find that they aren’t recognized by the game.
Workaround: Uninstall your other season passes and re-install the season pass you wish to use.
- Upload Studio:
- Upload studio may become unresponsive when navigating to Game DVR and pressing B to go back.
- Some users are experiencing failures launching Upload Studio or intermittent crashes when using Upload Studio.
- You may encounter a crash when adding Kinect video or audio.
- You may encounter a crash when trimming clips
- USB TV Tuner:
- If you have a USB TV Tuner plugged into your Xbox One console, Windows and Windows Phone SmartGlass devices will crash when attempting to connect to the console. To avoid this, you can switch to the Xbox App on Windows 10 or reset your TV settings and avoid setting up the USB TV Tuner.
- Third Party Peripherals:
- Instruments (for Rock Band 4 and other music titles) may cause the screen to dim after a short period of time.
- Live TV Issues:
- You may experience a stuck frame streaming TV to the Xbox App. You can enter OneGuide or resize your window to restore video playback.
- The media transport controls do not work when streaming TV to SmartGlass and Xbox app clients.
- Xbox App/SmartGlass Issues
- SmartGlass and Xbox App Live TV/OneGuide: You may experience issues connecting to Live TV or OneGuide when connecting to the console with SmartGlass.
Workaround: Set your SmartGlass connection to auto connect, quit the app, and restart. If the issue persists, hard reset the console.