Today Microsoft released the second iteration of the Xbox One August system software update, and like the first it comes with non user-facing changes, adjusting things under the hood.
Below you can see the patch notes as posted on the private preview forums:
OS version released: xb_rel_1508.150714-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/17 (2AM GMT 18/7)
- Minor changes (non-user facing).
- Mass Effect Backward Compatibility: When streaming Mass Effect using Twitch through Snap, a black bar is output on the stream output (both in the browser and through the Twitch app).
- Turtle Beach Elite 800X Headset: Participants using this headset are unable to hear the host when moving from one party to another party.
- Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume.Workaround: Hard reboot the console.
- Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!
If you’re wondering what could be changing under the hood, I am too, and considering the timing, we might hear some more about the August update at Gamescom.
In the meanwhile, if you want to be part of the preview program, you may want to ask for an invite in the comments, including your gamertag. Other commenters might send you one.
Just make sure to remember that this is a beta, and can cause issues with your Xbox One. The preview program exists exactly to avoid those issues ending in the public build, so apply at your own risk.