Today Microsoft released another build of the upcoming Xbox One system software update for preview members. The new build is numbered rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160716-2035 and fixes tiles and the My games & apps feature.
Below you can check out the full patch notes, courtesy of the private preview forums.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160716-2035
Available: 6:00PM PDT 7/18 (1:00 AM GMT 19/7)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause pins with no app installed to link to the wrong Store page.
• My games & apps
Resolved an issue which could cause tile art to display at an incorrect resolution.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
The Guide may fail to launch by navigating to the left on the dashboard or double tapping the Xbox button.
• Xbox Preview Dashboard
You may encounter an “Unexpected error” screen when attempting to launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard app or Report a problem.
• Users are able to select their own Gamertag at no charge once per account. After this you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, any free Gamertag changes will complete successfully. Attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag.
• When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
When using a language Cortana does not support, you may still see references to Cortana in text.
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
• My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
• Community Calendar
Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.
• The Crew
The Crew may fail to launch if purchased via Games with Gold.
There are also a couple of additional bonuses from Mike Ybarra, who posted information for those who want to move to an Xbox One S, but want to stay in the preview program, and the light of the special edition Gears Of War 4 Xbox One S.
If you’re getting an Xbox One S and want to stay in Preview, don’t worry. Just get the Preview app on the S, register it, and you’re good!
— ♏️ike Ybarra (@XboxQwik) July 18, 2016
— ♏️ike Ybarra (@XboxQwik) July 19, 2016