Today 2K Games had a little surprise for fans of XCOM: Enemy Unknown: the release of a free DLC named Second Wave for all platforms, adding a bunch of options that let the player customize quite a few interesting elements of the game to add more depth and unpredictability to their game. You can find the list below.
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
It’s to be noted that those options were already hidden in the code of the game since launch, and have been unlocked by modders a long time ago on the PC version, but hey, free is free.