“No More Delays” For The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, CD Projekt Red Says

on May 15, 2014 6:33 AM

Fans of The Witcher 3 can expect the title to launch on time next year, according to CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwinski.

The title was first delayed earlier this year, but moving forward CD Projekt Red are confident that the title will release on time.

This is not our first game; we are not newbies. It’s not like ‘hey we are delaying and we’ll keep on delaying’. If we would think we need more time we would say ‘hey we’ll release it not in Feb but, I don’t know, June’. We made the decision at the moment we were able to judge how much time we needed, and we planned it well and it works well for us. So, no more delay

It would have been possible to squeeze The Witcher 3 out by the end of the year, but doing so would have caused a loss of quality that CD Projekt weren’t happy with. Iwinski said. He contrasted¬†Witcher 2, which suffered from a lack of testing due to a rushed release.

Iwinski also noted that the reaction to the first delay announcement had positively suprised him. Where the company had expected negative backlash, fans were instead positive.

We were really positively surprised with the response. It was ‘hey guys, great that you have the balls to say that you take your time and you spend money on it’. Because it’s not happening for free. That’s a really important thing to mention

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is set for release in February 2015 on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4.

 [ 5 ]