Sony Computer Entertainment launched today an update to the PlayStation App, respectively to version 3.10.10 for Android and 3.10.8 for iOS.
The patch notes are actually quite interesting, as they introduce something entirely new:
- You can now follow verified accounts. When you follow the accounts, you can keep track of their activities in [What’s New].
- The message feature in PlayStation®App is now available as a separate application. You must install the [PlayStation®Messages] application to continue using the message feature.
So what is that “PlayStation Messages” app? It’s a completely separate messaging application. You’ll be prompted to download it by accessing the “messages” feature on the main PlayStation App, or by finding directly the Android version here or the iOS version here.
Below you can check out a few screenshots of the new app, that includes the following features:
- Check your Friends List to instantly see who’s online and what they’re playing.
- Send text or voice messages as well as photos and stickers to your friends or a group with up to 100 players.
- Quickly access your favorite message groups from your favorites list.
The PlayStation Messages app requires a download of 12 megabytes on Android and 16.9 megabytes on iOS.