Psyonix Shares Stats, Infographic, and a Thank You to Fans for Rocket League’s One-Year Anniversary

on July 11, 2016 12:48 PM

From its debut in July of last year, Psyonix’s Rocket League quickly became one of the biggest success stories of 2015 and a big sensation for fans of its rocket-powered action, with the team having shared some new information on the game and reflecting on what it has accomplished in one year since release.

In an update from the studio, Psyonix shared information (and a comprehensive infographic) detailing the game’s first year since its release in July 2015, with the game now at over 18 million players and over 545 million matches played in its lifetime.

Other breakdowns and information from Psyonix includes that the game has sold over 6.2 million copies worldwide (along with 5.5 million units of DLC sold worldwide), while the game continues to average a daily player count of about 1.1 million players worldwide.

The game also has a share of 40% of its playerbase on PS4, while there is an even split in the remaining 60% between the Xbox One and PC versions of the game.

Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham also shared a statement in the studio’s blog post on the game’s success so far, detailing both the launch of the game and thanking fans for their immense support of the title:

“Because of your passion and your support, our relatively-small follow-up to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars has exceeded our wildest dreams and become something enormous. You have made new friends, crossed platforms into new frontiers, and inspired us in ways you’ll never know (and in other ways you’ll know very soon). You’ve made incredible saves, scored amazing goals, and you’ve changed the conversation in the world of competitive esports forever.”

“We debated for quite some time what the best way to show you our gratitude was, until we realized that the answer was to keep doing what you want us to do – to keep supporting the game with new Arenas, new Garage items, new Game Modes, and new DLC; to experiment with more Rocket Labs and to increase our presence in the world of competitive gaming.”

“And so that’s exactly what we’re going to do. We’re going to make our next 52 weeks even better than our first. We’re going to give you all the things we mentioned above and then we’re going to give you some more, because you deserve it. You’re our community and you’re our friends.”

Rocket League is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

 /  Features Editor
Ryan is the Features Editor at DualShockers, with over five years' experience in the world of video games culture and writing. He holds a BA in English & Cinema from Binghamton University, and lives in New York City.
 [ 0 ]