It’s known that Quantic Dream is working on one (or more) PS4 games, but very little has been disclosed about it.
Today we learn that the developer is going to outsource part of the game’s animations to third party studios, thanks to a career opportunity ad for a Senior 3D Animator for Outsourcing.
We are looking for Senior 3D Animators (m/w) to monitor our outsourcing providers.
Your role will be to prepare the packages to send and check once processed. In a second step, you will work with the rest of the animation team to refine our motion captured datas.
– Excellent animation level combining a constant concern for quality and great working abilities.
– Good animation processing experience in motion capture and particularly in retargeting.
– Experience working with animation outsourcing providers.
– Very good level of spoken and written English.
– 2/3 years of successful experience in the production of at least one AAA video game or animated film.
– Great familiarity with 3D animation tools (Maya, Motion Builder, Blade).
– Good technical knowledge on the treatment of in-game animation is a plus.
We don’t know what percentage of the animations will be outsourced, especially considering that Quantic Dream operates one of the biggest and best equipped motion capture studios in the world, so this is most probably about a smaller percentage of animations for secondary elements and characters.
The question remains on when we’ll be able to see or hear something specific about the game. There aren’t many relevant gaming events before E3, unfortunately.