After receiving a massive 1GB+ patch for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Europeans (not available yet in North America) were dealt another whooper as they were left to figure out just what the patch covered.
Thankfully the folks at Sonic Stadium were up to the challenge and have provide the unofficial patch notes, which were based on reports from many sites around the world.
Here’s the unofficial list of what the new patch covers:
- Knuckles Infinite Jump fixed
- Some level barriers added to prevent the player from escaping the map. Leaping from the map into oblivion was a source of ridicule for the game when it was released.
- Navigation arrows “Small yellow arrows added which show you where to go” (They were in the original, but they now have some issues).
- Improved Framerate during speed sections
- Loops are ‘less choppy’
- Minor lighting improvements
- Improved shadows.
Problems with the Patch:
- The navigation arrows tell you where to go, but you can still miss vital items which you need for when you get to the location. So you can follow the arrows and still become stuck not knowing what to do.
Hopefully this solves the mystery.