Sega has announced that the free to play multiplayer online game, Phantasy Star Online 2, will see release in North America and Europe in 2013. Over ten years since the release of the original, Sega has decided to build upon the strong multiplayer of this series and release the game worldwide on PCs.
Features of Phantasy Star Online 2 include:
- In depth customization of character appearance
- Three different races that include Humans, the spiritual Newmen, and the artificial CAST.
- Real-time third person action where players can unleash combos on their enemies.
- Class based system letting players customize based on their play style for either melee, ranged, or magic type of weapons.
- Random dungeon maps to guarantee each visit to a dungeon is different for each player.
Fans of the original or those looking for a real time action free to play MMO will want to keep an eye out for more information about the game and check out the official site here.