Back in May, WayForward took to Twitter to announce that Shantae: Half-Genie Hero would be coming to the Nintendo Switch, but did not give a specific released date for the title. Fortunately, the developers took to Twitter once more today and revealed that the game will be coming to Nintendo’s popular new system on June 8.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is the fourth game in the Shantae series, and did well with critics upon release; DualShockers giving it a 7.5 in our review. The Nintendo Switch version the game will sport special HD Rumble features, and WayForward is working with XSEED, the game’s publisher, to release a physical version of the game for the Switch. If you want to know more about Half-Genie Hero, feel free to check out the an overview of the game via its Steam page below:
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform into a more powerful creature form! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis – the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!
• Shantae’s trademark moves return! Dance to transform into all-new and classic creatures, or summon magical attacks! Over a dozen dances to discover in all!
• New Relic System allows players to unlock new powers and customize moves for Shantae and her many forms!
• Conquer arcade-style action stages that unfold into a full world to explore. Fast action and quest-style exploration rolled into one!
• When Shantae’s story ends, you’re just getting started! DLC Modes introduce new characters, levels, and bosses!
• Huge Bosses, humorous dialogue, and the wonderfully weird Shantae cast return, now in fully animated HD!
You can check out the announcement tweet below, which also sports a unique colored Shantae styled after the Switch’s Joy-Cons. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is currently available on PC, PS Vita, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero hits the Nintendo Switch eShop on June 8th! Available in NA and EU with all-new HD Rumble features! pic.twitter.com/7ucic2UMh9
— WayForward (@WayForward) June 2, 2017