The Sonic Team announced today that Sonic Forces will include a new feature to the Sonic universe, the ability to create your own character.
Along with Classic and Modern gameplay styles, Hero Character is a new style that allows players to create their own character. Additionally, they’ll be able to equip these characters with gadgets called Wispons, which are an evolution of the Colors Powers from Sonic Colors.
Furthermore, Hero Characters will have a grappling hook they can use during stages to get to places quickly and travel across zones. Evidently, there are hundreds of Hero Character looks and options, so it’ll be interesting to see what the community comes up with.
There are seven base animal types for players to choose from:
- Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged
Sonic Forces is set to release for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC sometime this holiday.
You can watch the new trailer and check out some screenshots below: