Spicy Horse Games–the studio behind American McGee’s Alice series–is looking for the “world’s best” Alice cosplayer to help pitch their in-progress sequel to the series, Alice: Otherlands.
The contest will result in the winner getting flown all the way to Shanghai, China to appear in the video, as long as they adhere to the contest instructions and meet the following requirements:
The full instructions are:
• Send only one image of yourself dressed as Alice – preferably in her “classic” blue and white dress.
• Image should capture the entire costume from black hair to boot heels.
• Image should be no larger than 2MB. Save in JPG, GIF, or PNG format.
• Send via email to email@example.com
• Include name, age, country of origin, contact information, and a brief introduction of yourself
• All Submissions due by 5/20/2013
The full requirements are:
• Must be able to travel to Shanghai, China during June 2013 for the video shoot
• This means: Must have a passport, be of legal age to travel, and have the time to obtain a travel visa.
• Must speak English (to read lines for the video).
• Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in disqualification.
Unfortunately, this is based on the idea that Alice: Otherlands actually gets past negotiations and its planned upcoming Kickstarter campaign.
Current notable entrants that have been displayed on the Alice: Otherlands contest Facebook page can be viewed below.