Square Says Final Fantasy Versus XIII is Still Alive

on July 24, 2012 6:30 PM

By now every Final Fantasy fan has surely heard the awful rumor that started circulating a few days ago. Sources claimed that development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, a highly anticipated project six years in the making, had been ceased. The CEO of Square-Enix himself, Yoichi Wada-san has debunked the rumor today via Twitter.

Yoichi-san says that development of Versus XIII┬áis continuing normally and that he’d just finished the game’s regularly scheduled meeting. In fact, the meeting included a presentation of one of the game’s cities, which Yoichi-san says “would sweep you off your feet”. That sounds promising, doesn’t it?

Of course, there’s still no news on when or where we’ll see any more of the PS3 exclusive.

 /  Staff Writer
Kenneth is a Graphics and Game Design student who's worked as an author for DualShockers.com since June of 2010. His favorite gaming genres are Fighting, Role Playing and Sadistic Action games like Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta. In addition to gaming, he is also strongly interested in music, fashion, art, culture, literature, education, religion, cuisine, photography, architecture, philosophy, film, dance, and most forms of creative expression.