Recently, publisher Icerbeg Interactive and developer LGM Games announced the upcoming arrival of Starpoint Gemini 2 Beta Access on Steam; that day has arrived, along with new features and new screenshots, which can be viewed below.
Starpoint Gemini 2 has introduced quite a few features during its Steam Early Access run, but now will include:
- Wormholes – Free of charge, Wormholes are a one-way superfast travel method, but due to instability they are very dangerous and can result in damage or major catastrophe. Very popular way of travel among bandits and pirates.
- Classy Choices – Players can now choose their player class at the start of a game.
- Faster – By adding newer models, the game’s load times are much faster.
- T- Drive – Personal device for instant travel that can be mounted to any ship.
- New Music – New tracks and SFX have been added to create a wider variety of moods and atmosphere.
- Events – Local events that will feed the live news reels were added.
- Balancing – A first balancing run has been done on the ship systems and equipment pricing.
Unfortunately for those who missed it, the game was specially discounted to prepare gamers for the transition from alpha to beta stages; now the game will be available for $24.99 via Steam, with a full release slated for sometime Spring.
For newcomers, Starpoint Gemini 2 lets takes place two years after the end of the second Gemini war, with the rebel Gemini League whittled down to an ineffective band of freedom fighters. The tyrannical Empire has conquered the sector once again, but a mysterious threat could turn the tide of the war for the rebels. Starpoint Gemini 2 will offer players over 70 unique ships to build and customize, factions to contend with, warp gates to find, and missions to take up while exploring space and venturing on quests.
Check out the screenshots below for a closer look at the game; for more details, check out the Starpoint Gemini 2 website and Steam Page. For the latest updates, news, screenshots and trailers, check out all of our Starpoint Gemini 2 coverage.