Today Grasshopper Manufacture CEO Goichi Suda provided more details about PS4 exclusive hack and slash game Lily Bergamo, also explaining the core mechanics of the game in the latest “Conversation with Creators” video published by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia.
Here’s a summary of the points he made.
- Lily Bergamo is about Tae Ioroi, which is the action heroine of the game, but the action is not just action. it’s “Do Action”.
- There will be an extensive companion app.
- Grasshopper Manufacture and Gung Ho Online Entertainment want to make a game that exploits the advantages of both companies. Grasshopper wants to try and be competitive on PS4.
- Defining “Do Action” isn’t easy even for Suda-san. “Hack and Slash” is the base of the system, but that’s not all. There’s a growth system incorporated in the game. As the player accumulates experience his data is updated constantly.
- The game will be the result of the sum of the action elements of Suda’s games on PS3: Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead.
- Lily Bergamo will feature heavily the art of Yusuke Kozaki, like No More Heroes did.
- The companion app will be very important, but Suda-san can’t share details at the moment.
- There will be an online element, as it’s one of the strong suites of Gung Ho, and details about that are coming soon.
Below you can check out the full video interview in Japanese (if you want to hear how “Do Action” is pronounced, you should watch the video. Apparently it’s not the verb “to do”).