Kite Games and Kalypso Media announced today that Sudden Strike 4 will be releasing in Q2 2017 for PC, Mac, Linux, and PS4.
The Sudden Strike series has been dormant for some time, with the last release in the franchise happening in 2010, and with the last numbered entry being released in 2008.
Sudden Strike 4 will be a “full-fledged entry” in the series, so it does not serve as a remake or reboot of any of the previous games.
The game has the following features:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Sudden Strike 4 will be playable at Gamescom. You can watch the reveal trailer and look at some screenshots for the game below.
Those who pre-order will receive an exclusive skirmish map titled “The Battle for Kursk“, a digital copy of the game’s soundtrack, and the official digital art book.