There’s probably not a lot of people who have asked the question, “What would happen if you combined Blackjack with Street Fighter 2?” However, thanks to the power of Steam we have an answer. Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition is the classic card game with a number of influences from the famous fighting game and it’s out now for PC.
Developer Stage Clear Studios is not making a game where you throw card projectiles at each other. This is a proper Blackjack game but with colorful personalities and a tournament mode where you fly all over the world to become the best. Ultimately, you’ll end up in Vegas and challenge the mob boss who organized this entire contest.
Maybe a hadouken would be useful here.
Along with the story driven single player mode, there’s multiplayer as well. The service will be online only and will allow up to 4 card-masters to try their luck. This will also be cross-platform meaning that Stage Clear is going to port Super Blackjack at some point in the future.
The game also comes with:
- It tributes to a well-known arcade fighting game from the ’90s
- A rooster with 12 characters from all around the World such as Mark, an undercover FBI Agent, Kamiko from Japan, seeking revenge for her Uncles death or Gregor, a South African warlord.
- Ten different story lines with individual endings and dialogues in an epic Single player campaign
- Up to four-player online matches where people can freely drop in and out
- Ranked online PvP mode with online leaderboards
- Cross-platform online multiplayer for up to four players (once we have released the game to the other systems)
The Steam page currently has this fighter-ized blackjack at $11.99 USD. But as a special new release incentive, you can get 10% off until March 10th.
The launch trailer is available below. Can you spot all the Street Figther homages?