The long awaited new entry in the Parasite Eve series hit Japanese store shelves a week ago, but it was apparently no match for the flurry of anticipated games dropping at the same time.
First off, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, which had been owning the chart since its release, stole first place once again, followed closely by a dating sim featuring the irritatingly cute bubblegum pop girl group known as AKB48.If Hello Kitty made music, I’m sure it would sound similar.
Add in Pokémon, Wii Party (really?), and Donkey Kong and the 3rd Birthday just barely secures a number six spot with sales of 140,000. Guess ten years was too long of a wait for a sequel to Parasite Eve 2. Hit the break for last week’s full Japanese hardware and software sales.
The full Top 10 software chart (new releases in bold):
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP) – 404,000
- AKB 1/48 Idol to itoshitara… (PSP) – 236,000
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) – 214,000
- Pokemon Black/Pokemon White (DS) – 165,000
- Wii Party (Wii) – 162,000
- The 3rd Birthday (PSP) – 140,000
- Mario Sports Mix (Wii) – 136,000
- Inazuma Eleven 3: The Ogre (DS) – 117,000
- Ni no Kuni (DS) – 84,000
- Tongari boushi to maho no omise (DS) – 74,000
- Wii: 131,761
- PS3: 64,228
- 360: 5,298
- PS2: 2,604
- PSP: 177,691
- DSi: 93,464
- DSi LL: 92,329
- DS Lite: 5,790
- PSP Go: 5,380