For the past few years players have crawled through the numerous procedurally-generated dungeons of The Binding of Isaac and its remake The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and now those looking for a new dose of twisted dungeons and gameplay can look forward to a new expansion in the near future.
Publisher Nicalis, Inc. revealed that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will be arriving for PC on October 30th, 2015, marking a release for the long-awaited expansion to the roguelike action title. Release dates for the console versions of the game will be announced in the future.
The game’s official website provided some new info on what to expect from the new expansion and teasing that it “adds another 100+ hours” to the title alongside several notable features, with a full list from the website below:
– Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
– Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
– Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges
– 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
– a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
– 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
– 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
– a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
– a greatly expanded soundtrack!
– new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
– a greatly expanded and updated hud system
– tons of new secret transformations
– 8 new bosses
– 25+ new enemies
– updated item combo system
– far too many new achievements
– 20 million new co-op babies
– and probably at least 5 other features i cant remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster.
Pricing for the expansion will be set at $9.99, though a “considerable” discount for Afterbirth will be available once pre-orders for the expansion go live on Steam, with pre-order details expected next week.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will release for PC on October 30th, 2015 – you can check out the expansion’s official teaser trailer below: