Zenimax Online Studios has announced that the The Elder Scrolls Online: One Tamriel Update — the game’s largest free update to date — is set to arrive on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 18th. First announced at E3, the update will allow players for the first time ever to explore any zone in Tamriel, in any order, regardless of his or her level or alliance.
In addition to this big feature, the update will also bring the following:
- Craglorn Re-Design — You can now solo in this group-friendly environment.
- Dungeon updates — Normal and Veteran Modes have been added.
- Dueling — Challenge your friends or foes and test your mettle in one-on-one combat.
- New Weapon Ultimates — Master your weapon of choice and get new Ultimate abilities.
- Undaunted Pledge System Updates — New daily pledges and valuable rewards.
- Itemization updates — Items will now scale to your level everywhere in the world.
The press release then went on to detail the upcoming Witches Festival — the game’s first big “Tamrielic holiday event.” The event, coined as “Tamriel’s ancient autumn tradition” will start on October 13th and run until November 1st. The following description of the event was provided:
As spirits stir and the undead rise from their ancestral tombs, adventurers from all over Tamriel will be tasked with activities that will reward them with gruesome goodies, terrifying treasures, and awesome achievements, including the Hollowjack crafting motif, unique Provisioning recipes, and much more!
Lastly, Zenimax provided details about the upcoming housing system which will arrive sometime early next year. The update will allow you to be able to purchase, and decorate homes, as well craft and sell your own furniture. There will be no limits on the amount of houses you can own, with your first home being provided for free. Additionally, houses are instanced, meaning you won’t have to worry about buying land for them.
The following trailer to accompany the announcement was also released: