From the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, Host Geoff Keighley just announced the Game of The Year award, and it’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The other nominees for Game of the Year were Bloodborne, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Super Mario Maker.
It’s hard to argue with the choice, even if I’m sure we all have our favorites. All of the nominees were worthy of the final prize, one way or the other.
Speaking of favorites, below you can check out the full list of winners that were announced at the show.
- Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker
- Best Multiplayer Game: Splatoon
- Best Shooter: Splatoon
- Best Mobile Game: Lara Croft Go
- E-Sports Team of the Year: Optic Gaming
- E-Sports Game of the Year: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- E-Sports Player of the Year: Kenny “Kennys” Schrub
- Best Narrative: Her Story
- Trending Gamer: Greg Miller
- Best Independent Game: Rocket League
- Best Sports/Racing Game: Rocket League
- Games for Impact: Life is Strange
- Best Fan Creation: Portal Stories: Mel
- Developer of the Year: CD Projekt RED
- Best Art Direction: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Industry Icon: Westwood Studios
- Best Action Adventure Game: Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
- Best Score/Soundtrack: Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
- Best Performance: Viva Seifert (Her Story)
- Best Role Playing Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Most Anticipated Game: No Man’s Sky
- Game of the Year: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt