The indomitable Umbra Witch Bayonetta took first place worldwide on the Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot as the most wanted character for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. As a result, she was the final addition announced for the game.
Not only is her reveal trailer charming and fun to watch, the general Direct breaks down her attacks and special stage:
- Bayonetta is a combo fighter who can chain her powerful moves into even more powerful attacks. They are slow to start, however.
- By pressing and holding down the button she can use Bullet Arts, which allows for continuous attacks in nearly all her moves.
- Both her gun sets — Love is Blue from Bayonetta 2 and Scarborough Fair from Bayonetta — are in the game.
- Her Wicked Weaves works just as in Bayonetta’s own game, by summoning the limbs of Madama Butterfly for powerful attacks that vary depending on the button presses.
- Witch Time is a Down Special counter move that slows down time on a single opponent. Her Bat Within is an alternative that lets her avoid taking damage.
- Bullet Climax is her standard Special that can be charged. If used on the ground its called Heel Slide and used in the air either upwards or downward is the After Burner Kick.
- Up Special is Witch Twist and can be used twice (the second after a mid-jump). She can move immediately after using it.
- Infernal Climax is her Final Smash. She charges and then summons Gomorrah to damage enemies. Any foe with damage above 100 percent is KO’d instantly.
- Many of her signature visual effects are in the game. In the Wii U version, Bayonetta’s shadow is in the shape of Madame Butterfly.
- February 2016 is the release windown for her character and Umbra Clocktower stage, which features a section of angels battling.
Check out the reveal trailer posted just below.