The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s patch 1.03 i
s going to be released soon (Update: The patch is now available and it can be downloaded via Xbox Live), and Community Coordinator Marcin Momot released the full patch notes and gave more information on what we can expect for further patches.
First of all, we learn
that the Xbox One patch should release “in just a few hours” (this was mentioned at 11 AM EDT), and that the next patch will go into certification at Microsoft soon.
“The 1.03 patch for XBOX ONE should be live in just a few hours. We are sorry for the wait. We are also working on the next patch already and it should be submitted for certification soon.”
The full patch notes are similar to the ones for PS4, but it includes notable additions like the 30 FPS lock and the promised fix to auto save.
- Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
- Blood particles will now correctly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
- Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
- Reduces foliage shadow popping.
- Introduces a series of improvements in water rendering.
- “Melltith” sword is visible again.
- Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
- Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
- Caps the framerate at 30 fps.
- Fixes an issue that caused the autosave function to break during longer game sessions.
- Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
- Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Button callouts are now correctly displayed in the Main and Pause menus in the Japanese version
The bug that causes many quests not to give experience should be fixed in 1.04 (for PS4 as well).
“The XP bug is going to be fixed in the upcoming patch, 1.04.”
Yet, Momot encouraged players to enjoy the game during the weekend, as the bug doesn’t make you loose too much XP:
“This bug doesn’t cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend.”
That said, the patch will not be retroactive. So the experience you miss on won’t be recovered.
“No. The XP won’t be added back for the finished quests. Sorry about this.”