With very little fanfare, Nintendo released a new update for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Update 2.1.0) — one would expect the update to be fixed with non-noteworthy bug fixes and the like. However, following the footsteps of the title’s previous substantial update, this one introduces a new in-game currency: “Hero Points.”
According to the patch notes, Hero Points act a way for players to power up their Bear Minimum outfit as well as attain materials from the Street Merchant to craft outfits they don’t already own. In order to get Hero Points, players can earn them through online play by not voting (or choosing “I can’t decide!”) or by clearing any level or challenge in Local Play.
Additionally, the developers threw in a few unidentified adjustments” to improve gameplay.
In order to download the latest update tomorrow, players must do the following:
- Perform a system update to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
- Start the Nintendo eShop and search for “The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes” and tap the item for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Update Ver. 2.0.0.
- On the The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Update Ver. 2.0.0 page, select “Tap Here to Download” and follow the on-screen directions.
- Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied.
- The update data will be saved on the SD Card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system.
- Start The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and check that it has been updated correctly. If the version number shown is Ver. 2.0.0, the update has been successful.
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes launched exclusively on Nintendo 3Ds on October 22, 2015.