While it was already announced in November’s Nintendo Direct that The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes would be receiving a substantial update on December 2nd, Nintendo revealed official patch notes detailing new changes.
According to a recent post on Nintendo’s Support page, an improved matchmaking system will be integrated to improve the user experience. Specifically, the system will determine play styles of players after filling a small questionnaire pre-matching and match those with similar answers. What criteria will be asked has not been mentioned, though we will find out soon.
Additionally, if you have a bad experience with a particular online player, the game will now allow for blacklisting. To do so, players will need to exit the game through the pause menu during the game. Then, by pressing the Hero Panel of the person you wish to block and pressing A or B, you will be able to blacklist that person from further matchmaking.
The patch notes also go over the advertised content in the new DLC, principally the Den of Trials and the two new costumes. In the Den of Trials, players will need to clear every enemy in each stage in order to advance to the next stage. The Den of Trials will feature 30 never-before-seen stages, a substantial addition to the title.
Additionally, the new outfits include Linebeck’s Uniform (from The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass) and Fierce Deity Armor (from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask). Linebeck’s Uniform will allow you to see inside treasure chests before opening them, allowing the player to spot for traps. Meanwhile, the Fierce Diety Armor will allow players to shoot beams in four directions.
More features included in the free update include a new method for obtaining the in-game currency, Friendly Tokens (through the street vendor after Princess Styla’s curse has been lifted), Miiverse stamp integration, and general bug/gameplay fixes.
In order to download the latest update tomorrow, players must do the following:
- Perform a system update to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
- Start the Nintendo eShop and search for “The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes” and tap the item for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Update Ver. 2.0.0.
- On the The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Update Ver. 2.0.0 page, select “Tap Here to Download” and follow the on-screen directions.
- Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied.
- The update data will be saved on the SD Card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system.
- Start The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and check that it has been updated correctly. If the version number shown is Ver. 2.0.0, the update has been successful.
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes launched exclusively on Nintendo 3Ds on October 22, 2015.