Just in case you lose your voice. Xbox’s Major Nelson Hryb and Ben Smith explain how your tablet will turn into a Xbox One Universal Remote.
Your tablet will be able to navigate your DVR and One Guide without shouting at your TV. Currently, SmartGlass on Xbox One will let you select the TV app and navigate your channels with a very crude interface. Thankfully, the update will have a more user friendly interface.
Some of the new SmartGlass features will include:
- Easily navigate game options so you can quickly get to the full list of Achievements, challenges, and game clips without jumping through multiple screens.
- View recent players to find people you recently gamed with, easily add them as a friend, or issue a rematch challenge.
- Sort the Friends list by online status for a quick view of what your friends are doing.
- View your Activity Feed in a way that matches the view on your console
- Launch an app in Snap from your mobile device, and when you’re done, simply unsnap it.
- Receive Xbox Live messaging alerts on your mobile device, making it easier to stay in touch with friends when you’re on the go.
The update will release later this year but, select Xbox Live members will be invited to test out this new features.