Warcraft fans get ready to level up, after months of speculation Blizzard Entertainment has finally revealed at today’s BlizzCon convention, which actors will be portraying the game’s iconic characters on the big screen.
While further plot details were not revealed, Legendry’s Warcraft will have its characters divided between rival armies Alliance and Horde.
The parts announced for The Alliance are:
- Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel) – The lead protagonist for the Alliance, Lothar is a war hero who has sacrificed everything to keep the people of Azeroth safe.
- King Llane Wrynn (Dominic Cooper) – King Llane is the leader of the Alliance city of Stormwind and a beacon of hope to its people in a time of darkness.
- Medivh (Ben Foster) – Known as ‘the Guardian,’ Medivh is a mysterious and reclusive protector who wields formidable power.
- Khadgar (Ben Schnetzer) – Khadgar is a gifted young mage, embarking on a daring search for the truth.
- Lady Taria (Ruth Negga) – Taria is the royal Queen of Stormwind, King Llane’s great love and most trusted counsel.
- Garona (Paula Patton) – Caught between the Alliance and the Horde, Garona is a strong-willed survivor who must decide where her true loyalty lies.
The parts announced for The Horde are:
- Durotan (Toby Kebbel) – The lead protagonist for the Horde, Durotan is the noble Chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan, battling to save his people and his family from extinction.
- Orgrim (Rob Kazinsky) – Orgrim is Durotan’s right hand and a brave warrior destined to wield the Doomhammer: a weapon of orc legend.
- Blackhand (Clancy Brown) – Known as ‘The Destroyer’, Blackhand is one of orc-kind’s most fearsome and titanic warchiefs.
- Gul’Dan (Daniel Wu) – Gul’dan is a supreme orc ruler, fueled by a dark magic that even he cannot control.
The film’s director, Duncan Jones, has released posters of the upcoming film which verify the March 2016 release date.
Check out the posters in the gallery below.