Blizzard Entertainment has announced that the next expansion for their popular MMO, World of Warcraft, will be available for players online and in stores on September 25th. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria has players from both the Alliance and the Horde setting foot on the continent of Pandaria where perilous dangers await those trying to uncover its mysteries.
The DVD version of the game will be available at $39.99 USD for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Macintosh computers. The expansion can also be purchased directly from the World of Warcraft website (www.WorldofWarcraft.com).
A Collector’s Edition will be available at retail stores for $79.99 USD with a Digital Deluxe version of the game being available for $59.99 USD with the ability to upgrade from the standard edition at any time for $20 USD.
The Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria will contain the expansion and the following:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: The mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: The Lucky Quilen Cub.
- StarCraft II Battle.net Portraits: Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo III Banner Sigil and Accent: Pandaren iconic markings to display to all.
The Collector’s Edition will contain everything in the Digital Deluxe version as well as:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Two-disc set that features over an hour of behind the scenes look at the development of the expansion.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: 208-page hardcover book that contains pieces from the expansion and some early concepts.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Special edition mouse pad that features the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
Mists of Pandaria brings a slew of new features that include a new playable race that is essentially giant pandas, the monk character class, and a new continent for players to explore and work toward reaching level 90 on. Other additions include scenarios that introduce a new coop PvE trial, challenge modes that rewards players for master Mists of Pandaria’s 5-player dungeons, and the pet battle system.
Gamers waiting to become a giant panda or just cannot wait for some more exploration in World of Warcraft will be able to place preorders for the expansion now either digitally or through retail before the expansion’s September 25th release.