Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters is the definitive version of Yo-Kai Watch 2.
There’s currently no specific release date for Psychic Specters but the game is launching in the Fall later this year in Europe. Back in April, it was announced that the game would also be coming to North America within the same time frame.
The game contains all of the content already found in Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls, as well as a slew of new content and features including:
- 12 brand new quests, including one that delves into the origins of the mysterious Darknyan – combined with the quests from Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls, this gives a total of 100 quests to tackle
- The chance to befriend 15 Wicked Yo-kai, who have previously only appeared as adversaries – now giving a total of more than 300 playable Yo-kai
- Exclusive dungeons for owners of Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls – players with save data from one or both of the previous versions can access new dungeons to fight special bosses and befriend exclusive Yo-kai
- New locations to explore, including the fantastical Gera Gera Resort
- An expanded version of the Yo-kai Watch Blasters local co-op mode, with powerful new bosses to defeat
Yo-Kai Watch is a game where your character acquires a watch that allows them to see ghostly apparitions that are haunting the locals and causing mischief. Like in Pokémon, your goal is to befriend these Yo-Kai and use them in battle against other Yo-Kai. You can acquire these monsters through exploration and questing. Some Yo-Kai can even evolve into stronger monsters.
The series consistently tops sales charts in Japan every time a new iteration comes out.
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters will be available exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls are currently available on 3DS.