Yacht Club Games recently put out a suggestion poll to ask players what they should make next. They mention that whatever game wins will have a retro-graphical style similar to Shovel Knight. You can rate each choice on a scale of 1-to-5. The options are as follows:
- Shovel Knight 2: A sequel to Shovel Knight, with everything you loved from the first game, incremental gameplay changes, and a cool new cast of characters!
- Shovel Knight and Shield Knight: Multiplayer-only side-scrolling platforming prequel where all levels are traversed cooperatively. Play the entire game with a friend, maybe even online!
- Shovel Kart: Classic mode 7 style racing featuring the cast of Shovel Knight in unique vehicles, racing with power-ups and wacky situations. Including battle modes!
- A Mega Man: Side-scrolling platformer about jumping and shooting, with creative platforming, unique bosses, and weapon upgrades, and some degree of nonlineraity.
- A Metroid: Thematically cohesive side-scrolling platformer/shooter with an interconnected map, stuffed with secrets and gated by mobility items!
- A Mario: Pure and whimsical sidescrolling platformer with short but creative courses that explore unique concepts, fun and useful power-ups, and multiplayer!
- A Zelda: Top-down action adventure game where you explore an overworld finding dungeons and secrets, battling foes, and creatively using gameplay items!
- A Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest: Sweeping story-based game with many memorable characters and situations, equipment and classes, and a menu-driven battle system.
- A Mario RPG: A sweeping story-based game with humorous situations and characters, and an overworld and a battle system featuring some real-time action elements.
- A Contra: A balls-to-the-wall side-scrolling action game with platforming, tons of enemies, power ups, and bosses galore! And multiplayer!
- A Landstalker / Solstice: An isometric action adventure.
My top picks were Shovel Knight and Shield Knight, Shovel Kart,and A Mario RPG. Tell us your picks below, and we will be sure to inform you when Yacht Club Games next project is officially announced.