Yesterday Zero Escape 3 Game Director Kotaro Uchikoshi announced that the game is in development, and today he shared a bit more information during a panel at Anime Expo in Los Angeles.
Uchikoshi-san mentioned the following points (courtesy of Twitter user Justin Mikos):
- 4infinity means Mars Infinity.
- The leaked words on the 4infinity website four months ago were just a test. Fans should disregard them.
- Zero Escape 3 will take place in a base where people train to go to Mars.
- Development just started.
- Fan enthusiasm encouraged reevaluation of Zero Escape 3 and allowed it to enter production.
- In previous games Uchikoshi-san wanted people to question common sense. In this game he wants gamers to question their own values.
- Puzzle creation will be done by Uchikoshi-san’s staff.
- Danganronpa writer Kazutaka Kodaka (who was present at the panel as well) knows the ending of Zero Escape 3 and said it is “out of this world.” It inspired him to be less lazy. He exchanges ideas with Uchikoshi-san often.
- Kodaka-san would like to team up with Uchikoshi-san and make a game together.
A piece of artwork for the game was also showcased, and you can see it below: